President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Monday, October 4, 2010

I'll Never, no Never, no NEVER FORSAKE!


Like many of you, I have been pondering over the messages that were given over the weekend...trying to find that SINGLE THREAD that would pulled the mind of the Lord to my understanding...

At one point, I thought, the single thread was FOLLOW the COUNSEL OF THE LIVING PROPHET! FAITH-TRUST in the LORD could have been one...AGENCY, certainly, was mentioned a few times...GRATITUDE...

But, it wasn't until this morning that a thought STRUCK me quite forcefully...and I thought I would share that thought with you...

Each morning before Hyrum goes to Seminary, we have a SONG (I know, it is hard to imagine that we would be bringing in the spirit with 6:00 a.m. singing voices) (well, our voices at any hour, for that matter) (smile)...prayer and the reading of the Book of Mormon. It was Garvin's turn to pick out the hymn and he chose "How Firm a Foundation", but he only wanted us to sing the LAST TWO VERSES...It was the 7th verse that I had this strong impression...on the SINGLE THREAD of General Conference...Here are the words of the LAST VERSE:

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll NEVER, no NEVER, no NEVER FORSAKE!

It was those words that RANG out to me...In Elder Neil L. Andersen's talk...he brought up the Savior asking this important question...that each of us must answer:

"...many of his disciples went back, and walked NO MORE WITH HIM.
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, WILL YE ALSO GO AWAY?
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of ETERNAL LIFE. (John 6:66-68)

We were given sound counsel on what is needful at this time in our lives...to handle the season that has been foretold by all other dispensations of time...But, in the midst of all our trials and those, yet to come...there will be that haunting question..."Will ye also go away?" Will we be able to "endure" to the end...?

ANSWER is YES, we can...by being obedient to all the counsel that was given to us by our PROPHETS, SEERS, and REVELATORS in this General Conference.

We can with CONFIDENCE...live in harmony with the Holy Ghost...if we are reading our scriptures every day...talking to our Father on a daily basis...keeping a current temple recommend...having GRATITUDE in our hearts on a DAILY basis...TRUST GOD...FOLLOW the LIVING PROPHET...BEING MINDFUL on the USE of our TIME...SERVE and LOVE one another.

I'll NEVER, no NEVER, NO NEVER FORSAKE!


1 comment: