President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hearken Unto the Words of Nephi...




"...hearken unto the words of Nephi..."
(2 Nephi 3:25)

"...I write the things of my soul..." For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the LEARNING and the PROFIT of my children...(and us)" (2 Nephi 4:15)

"...my soul DELIGHTETH in the things of the Lord; and my HEART PONDERETH CONTINUALLY upon the things which I have seen and heard."
(2 Nephi 4:16)

"...I KNOW in WHOM I have TRUSTED."
(2 Nephi 4:18)

"My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions..."
(2 Nephi 4:20)

"He hath filled me with his love..."
(2 Nephi 4:21)

"...he hath heard my cry by day..."
(2 Nephi 4:23)

"...I have waxed bold in MIGHTY PRAYER before him; ... and
angels came down and ministered unto me..."
(2 Nephi 4:24)

"AWAKE my soul!...REJOICE, O my heart, and give place NO MORE for the
enemy of my soul."
(2 Nephi 4:28)

"...Do not slacken my strength because of mine afflictions".
(2 Nephi 4:29)

"REJOICE, O my heart, and CRY UNTO THE LORD, and say: O LORD,
I will PRAISE thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God,
and the ROCK OF MY SALVATION."
(2 Nephi 4:30)

"O Lord, wilt though redeem my soul?"
(2 Nephi 4:31)

"O Lord, I have TRUSTED IN THEE, and I will TRUST IN THEE forever. I will
not put my trust in the arm of flesh..."
(2 Nephi 4:34)

"...I KNOW that GOD will give LIBERALLY to him that asketh"...
(2 Nephi 4:35)

Read ENTIRE 2 Nephi 4:15-35)
"The Psalm of Nephi"

No comments:

Post a Comment