President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Where Families Become "Forever"




Cardston Alberta Temple

ETERNAL BROTHERS!

Their "forever" son
Tony, Austin, and Amy
Robinson

Tony, Andrew, AJ, Adam, Amy, Aaron, Alek, Asher, and Austin
Robinson Family

Yesterday, on July 15th, my husband and I had the privilege of witnessing the sealing of Austin to his parents, Tony and Amy Robinson... "for all eternity"...! With his brothers all in attendance...and Amy's sister, Mary, we got to understand the importance of receiving your temple recommend and living up to our covenants...What a tender scene to watch and having the presence of the SPIRIT...

I, also, wanted to express...the THRILL of sealing your own
families...in doing work for your ancestors who have
moved on...but, didn't have the saving ordinances
in their lives, while they were here on earth.

Garvin and I managed to do "3" sealings, yesterday, as well.
Garvin's grandparents...and my grandmother's parents...
and one of my great-great grandparents...

I simply cried as we sealed them together...
There is a SPIRIT about this work...
that I wish I could describe...
It simply is not "earthly"...

The Eternal Family

(Elder Robert D. Hales)

(Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles)

(General Conference - 6 October 1996)

“What is the promise of these sealings which are performed in the temples? The Lord outlines the promise and requirements in this sacred verse: “And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life…and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fullness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever”.

(D&C 132:19)



No comments:

Post a Comment