President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Monday, November 19, 2012

Ward "HARVEST" Celebration - Part 1

In my efforts to catch up on things...I am sorry...that I am behind in getting our INCREDIBLE "Harvest" Ward party's pictures up...! I got some FUN ones! (smile) The BEST activity, yet.  Around "200" people attended...and the food was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!!!!

Also, please, forgive me...if I do not identify everyone in the pictures...I simply do not have this MEMORY BANK for a brain! I know your faces...but, alas...I suffer from "Senior DUH moments..."

I will need to do this post in PARTS...so...thank you for being very patient with me...and I hope to CATCH UP with everyone...by the end of the year...Who knows...that 2013...will slow down for me...and for once in my life...I will be ORGANIZED and KEEP UP with everything! (I can dream, can't I?) (smile)

OK...Here we go! 

First our HARVEST dinner was BLESSED by so many hands...I understand that the "Hardman" family were mostly responsible for the COOKING of the "Pig" that was served...Oh...my goodness! It was TERRIFIC! (hmmm...isn't that what "Wilber" was called..."TERRIFIC PIG"?) ("Charlotte's Web" - for those who are not familiar with children literature) (smile)

 These are the scraps that were left...after the carving up of the "Pig"
I do not have the pictures of the BEFORE shots...got to the church
too late...but, I do believe someone else did...
It had the BEST SMOKED FLAVOR!
 We had such a lay out of food! Everyone brought 
something...and WOW! We know how to  COOK in this WARD!
Aaron and Julie Denney Family

Alex and Aubrie Evans Family

 Anthony and Lindsay Woodruff  with Eden

 Benjamin Storey - Ruth Ruggles - Wendy Storey

We all sang "Happy Birthday" Rachael Newton - Now official
in Young Women's! (smile)

Chad and Amy Hardman's Family

Andrew and Christy Borders with new BABY DAUGHTER!

Juan and Kari Cisneros
(will be BACK in our WARD SOON!)

Some of our CUTE Primary GIRLS!

Dennis and Diane Barlett with friends
and Elizabeth Zink

More of our darling YOUTH!

Garvin and his "better half" is taking the pictures!
(smile)

Heidi Stott and her newest little girl!

PART II
SOON!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment