President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Classics...

I don't know about you, Sisters....but, I LOVE CLASSICS...Classic literature...Classic old movies...etc. I have spent some of my "holiday" moments watching...classic literature recreated in film form...plus, an old classic movie...entitled "How Green Is My Valley"...I would, now, LOVE to read the book...There were "statements" in the old 1941 film...that are rare on the screen, today...GOSPEL truths were taught...SCRIPTURE quoted...and GOD was often FOCUSED in the story...

One of the quotes from the movie...that I wrote down...that captured my attention, I would like to retype for you:
The scene was between a young boy name Huw and his mentor, a young preacher, Mr. Gruffydd...who tells the boy how to "keep your spirit clean"...

"As your father cleans his lamp to have good light, so keep clean your spirit...By prayer...And by prayer, I don't mean shouting and mumbling and wallowing like a hog in religious sentiment...
Prayer is only another name for good, clean, direct THINKING...
When you pray.....THINK!
THINK well what you are saying...
MAKE your thoughts into things that are solid.
and that way your prayer will have STRENGTH.
And that STRENGTH will become a part of you---
BODY, MIND, and SPIRT."


No comments:

Post a Comment