President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Salad - Served At our Dinner

Some of you expressed how much you loved the salad
that was served at our Relief Society Dinner
on Tuesday Night...
Meridel sent me the recipe and I am posting this
for those of you who would like it:
(I for one...have saved it to my SALAD files!)
(I LOVED IT!)


 
Colorful Mixed Salad
Yield: 6 servings

6 cups torn mixed salad greens
1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 radishes, thinly sliced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup sunflower seeds (I used Soy Nuts)
1/3 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved

No comments:

Post a Comment