President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

"Spiritual Rags to Spiritual Robes"



 Spiritual Rags to Spiritual Robes

Our Kalispell 3rd Ward Relief Society THEME this year…is
“Spiritual Rags to Spiritual Robes”…

I reread…President Thomas S. Monson’s “Living the Abundant Life” and his CHALLENGE to all the Saints this year…to UNDERTAKE a PERSONAL, diligent, SIGNIFICANT QUEST --- for an ABUNDANT LIFE…FILLED with an abundance of success, goodness, and blessings…

Sisters…this is how we will change out our “Spiritual Rags...” for “Spiritual Robes”…

He gave us the ABCs to achieve our goals:
  • Have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE
  • BELIEVE in YOURSELF
  • Face CHALLENGES with COURAGE
I so believe…our THEME this year…is in line with the CHALLENGE the Lord is requiring of us to do…

These were some of the things that JUMPED out at me…though, each of us are entitled to our OWN PERSONAL REVELATION for our own UNIQUE circumstances…

MY ATTITUDE – Must be POSITIVE:
  • Inner attitude of MY MIND – can change the OUTER ASPECT of MY LIFE!
  • Do the BEST I can…
  • Choose to be HAPPY – no matter WHAT my circumstances – PEACE and CONTENTMENT will be my BLESSING…
  • I can NOT control what TESTS come my way…for I will need to be PROVED…and will be TESTED in ALL THINGS…but, I can ADJUST my ATTITUDE…and CHOOSE how I am going to HANDLE my challenge…

BELIEVE IN ME:
  • I am to BELIEVE IN ME!
  • I am to BELIEVE in OTHERS!
  • I am to BELIEVE in ETERNAL PRINCIPLES!
  • I must SERVE my God…with ZEAL!
  • “MY LIFE IS MY MESSAGE!” --- Gandhi

FACE CHALLENGES WITH COURAGE:
·        COURAGE – the willingness and DETERMINATION to LIVE DECENTLY!
·        I must be BRAVE to follow my course…
·        There will be times when I could get discouraged and even frightened…but DAVID did BEAT GOLIATH! and SO WILL I!
·        It takes GREATER COURAGE to make a SECOND EFFORT… when I STUMBLE the FIRST TIME!
·        I must say to myself…I WILL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW!

THE PROMISE:
  • The ABUNDANT LIFE WILL BE MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment