President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Our Sacrament Experience


'I' am willing to take upon 'me' the name of Thy Son...
and ALWAYS REMEMBER HIM...

6 comments:

  1. I love this picture. We should all remember this when we take the sacrament. This picture is worth a 1000 words. Thanks. Pres. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am so worried about keeping my kids quiet that I forget all together what the Sacrament is all about.
    This picture is a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie...MOST of us can RELATE to your SENTIMENTS! If I had thought of it...I wish I had PREPARED the night before...when I had some "quiet" time...to contemplate...the Sacrament...That way...if/when the distractions on Sunday came...I had at least...had some...time to think about the meaning of the Sacrament...and rededicate myself...Plus, Repent of anything I had not resolved during the week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is a late comment but could you tell me what the name of this picture is or w ho painted it? I would like to find a print to hang in my home. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know the name of this picture...It was the first time I had ever seen this...If I ever come across it...I could let you know...Wonder if Deseret Books or some LDS Bookstore would know...Wish I could be of better help to you...

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was also looking for the origin of this painting and came across this site. I have found where it came from. It is called Sacrament Meeting by Doc Christensen. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete