President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Monday, August 2, 2010

Questions I Need to Ask Myself...

A few years, ago, I took a personal inventory based on a few Book of Mormon scripture verses...I thought, perhaps, you might like to take this personal inventory as well...You will find it most interesting...and perhaps sobering...as you ponder your ANSWERS...

Alma 5

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?
(Alma 5: 14-15)

1. Have "I" been spiritually born of God?
2. Do "I" have His image in my countenance?
3. Have "I" experienced a mighty change in my heart?
4. Do "I" exercise faith in Christ?
5. Do "I" look forward to stand before God and be judged of my works?

19 I say unto you, can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands? I say unto you, can you look up, having the image of God engraven upon your countenances?
(Alma 5:19)

1. Can "I" look upon God with clean hands and a pure heart?

27 Have ye walked, keeping yourselves blameless before God? Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye have been sufficiently humble? That your garments have been cleansed and made white through the blood of Christ, who will come to redeem his people from their sins?
28 Behold, are ye stripped of pride? I say unto you, if ye are not ye are not prepared to meet God. Behold ye must prepare quickly; for the kingdom of heaven is soon at hand, and such an one hath not eternal life.
29 Behold, I say, is thee one among you who is not stripped of envy? I say unto you that such an one is not prepared; and I would that he should prepare quickly, for the hour is close at hand, and he knoweth not when the time shall come; for such an one is not found guiltless.
30 And again I say unto you, is there one among you that doth make a mock of his brother, or that heapeth upon him persecutions?
(Alma 5: 27-30)

1. If "I" died, today, have "I" been sufficiently humble?
2. Are "my" garments clean and white?
3. Am "I" stripped of pride? If "I" have not..."I" am not prepared to meet God.
4. Am "I" stripped of envy?
5. Do "I" mock my brother?

46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unot me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.
(Alma 5:46)

1. Have "I" fasted and prayed many days to know that what the prophets have taught or currently teaching are true? (Or if Joseph Smith is a prophet; the Atonement; Jesus is the Christ; Plan of Salvation; First Vision; Latter-day prophets; True Church...)

58 For the names of the righteous shall be written in the book of life, and unto them will I grant an inheritance at my right hand. And now, my brethren, what have ye to say against this? I say unto you, if ye speak against it, it matters not, for the word of God must be fulfilled.
(Alma 5:58)

1. Will "my name" be written in the "Book of Life"?

As Christ has loved "me"...Do "I" LOVE OTHERS?

Deborah
24 July 2005


No comments:

Post a Comment