President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Sunday, September 19, 2010

"How to Instill the Love of the Lord in our Children"

One of the subjects last night in Stake Conference was: "Instill the LOVE of the Lord in our Children". A sister in our Ward just happened to send me this You Tube of a 2-year old reciting the 23rd Psalm. This clip reminded me...of my experience....YEARS ago...when I was Primary President when I had ALL the children from 3 years of age to 11 years...MEMORIZE all the Primary Scriptures for the year. Each child on a ONE-to-ONE meeting with me...would recite the scripture of the month...

I am a stickler about doing things WORD PERFECT! At first, it was the PARENTS who balked at such an idea. They said this would be too difficult for their child to do....but, I insisted...

I am here to TESTIFY that the only ones who were holding their children back...were the PARENTS NOT the child....In time....Almost the ENTIRE PRIMARY were passing off to me...WORD PERFECT...INCLUDING the "3" year olds! They would CHASE ME DOWN THE HALLWAYS...."Sister Smith....Sister Smith....can I pass off my scripture NOW!?"

Please, understand, there were a couple of children who had learning disabilities...and I recognized who they were...but...........when they would RECITE...to the best of their ability.........they BEAMED....They literally LITE UP THE ROOM.......when it was their turn to recite what they could! IT WAS WORD PERFECT in my mind.........and they KNEW THEY HAD ACCOMPLISHED a GREAT DEAL!......(smile)

Yes...ALL we need to do is take a little time and help them...for our children CAN DO IT!!! MEMORIZING scriptures...in securing words from our Heavenly Father...into their little minds...will BECOME a part of their HEARTS...and sink into their SOULS...for the SPIRIT will TESTIFY that what they just learned....IS TRUE! Starting them out YOUNG is SO IMPORTANT...It is the "planting of the seed"....parable.....

Even if you do NOT have children...you can be an example...HELP your own GRANDCHILDREN...support a CHILD in our WARD...There are plenty of them...that you can MENTOR...

Watch this little video...It testifies...of the truth...on HOW to INSTILL the LOVE of the LORD in our children...It can be done...I PROMISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment