President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Saturday, September 18, 2010

STAKE CONFERENCE - Saturday Night Session

Garvin with Daughter #2
Garvin and Daughter #3 on her wedding day

Garvin with daughter #4 on her wedding day
Wiping away his tears...

Garvin with daughter #1 on her wedding Day

Dear Sisters!
If you missed tonight's Stake Conference session...you missed a GREAT MEETING!!!!! I hope to highlight some of the thoughts that were expressed tonight...but, my word, I took SO MANY NOTES...that it will take me all week...to get them down...

So, this is what I hope to do...AFTER, tomorrow morning's broadcast from Salt Lake City, I will put thoughts together...and post something all this week! HOWEVER...this is what I would LOVE FOR ANY OF YOU TO DO!!!!!

PLEASE, if you have thoughts on what you heard either TONIGHT or tomorrow's morning's session....PLEASE...ADD YOUR COMMENTS to each POST...including this one! The more INPUT from each of you...will only BENEFIT all the REST OF US!!!!! Getting just my thoughts....is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

I will say this much about tonight...It was a GREAT TRIBUTE to WOMANHOOD.....Heavenly Father LOVES His DAUGHTERS...VERY MUCH!!!!! Yes, He LOVES His sons...but, there is a relationship between Father and Daughter...that is TENDER...and ever so sacred...We are indeed his "baby girls"...and always will be...I picture us with our Heavenly Father...much like the wedding pictures of our daughters with their father.....sweet and ever so tender...

No comments:

Post a Comment