President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Testimony

LDS.org - Liahona Article - Testimony

This talk was brought to my attention...by Jill Normandeau and Meridel Barden. I asked myself...what did I KNOW and what did I BELIEVE...

I realized what a precious GIFT it was to have the KNOWLEDGE through the Holy Ghost...that something was TRUE...

For an interesting...exercise...Make a list of what YOU KNOW...what you have been given through the Holy Ghost. If you find...there are some very important things you still have not had confirmed through the Holy Ghost...perhaps, you will want to do what NEPHI did...

"I, Nephi, was DESIROUS also that I might see, and hear, and know of these things, (what his father saw), by the power of the Holy Ghost, which is the gift of God unto all those who diligently seek him...." (1 Nephi 10:17)

Verse 19: "For he that DILIGENTLY SEEKETH shall FIND; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unot them by the power of the Holy Ghost..."

1 Nephi 11:1 - "...I had DESIRED to know the things that my father had seen, and BELIEVING that the LORD was ABLE TO MAKE THEM KNOWN unto ME, as I sat PONDERING in mine heart............"

No comments:

Post a Comment