President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Friday, August 12, 2011

Gardens - Containers and Boxes - Part 3

Where there is a will - there is a way...
The use of boxes and containers in gardening
is, also, productive...

Here is my attempt in growing food 
in containers and boxes:

 I had Garvin and Hyrum tear out the plants that were
growing on the "morning" side of the house...
It gets lots of sun and I noticed that
it was the first area to thraw out in the winter...
I wanted to take advantage of it...
so, I had Garvin build me all these mini boxes...
NEXT SPRING, I will plant tomatoes, peppers, herbs,
and other plants that are more "warm-hearted"...
I transplanted some herbs into some of the boxes
that I know will survive the WINTERS here.
I was able to plant in this ONE box:
Tomatoes, asparagus (I let them go to seed this first year),
onions, garlic, and peppers 

Peppers planted among the tomatoes

The HAIL STORM cut the tops off my
onions...The onions seem to be fine...
but, I was SHOCKED at the damage the hail did...
Planted many of my herbs in containers, also
Peppers in containers

More herbs
There are all types of containers
Some of mine...I can store water in the bottom
of the container...if I have to leave for a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment