President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Under the Shadow of Thy Wings..."

Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me
under the shadow of thy wings,

(Psalms 17:8)

How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God!  therefore
the children of men put their trust
under the shadow of thy wings.

(Psalms 36:7)

BE merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings
will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

(Psalms 57:1)

I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust
in the covert of thy wings. 
Selah.

(Psalms 61:4)

Because thou hast been my help, therefore
in the shadow of thy wings
will I rejoice.

(Psalms 63:7)

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and
under his wings
shalt thou trust:
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

(Psalms 91:4)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment