President Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge and Promise

President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a

worldwide leadership training meeting:

“I am convinced there is no other organization anywhere to match the Relief Society of this Church.

If they will be UNITED and speak with ONE VOICE,

Their STRENGTH will be INCALCULABLE!”

10 January 2004, 20

Relief Society - A Restoration of an Ancient Form

RELIEF SOCIETY

“A Restoration of an Ancient Pattern”


Although the name may be modern date,

the institution is of ANCIENT ORIGIN.

We were told by our martyred prophet

that the same organization EXISTED

in the church ANCIENTLY.”

Eliza R. Snow

(Published in: “Daughters in My Kingdom”)

Friday, May 13, 2011

Choose the Path of Righteousness

President David O. McKay stated the following:

“The responsibility is upon each individual to choose the path

of righteousness, of faithfulness and duty to fellowmen. If

he (chooses) otherwise, and as a result (meets) failure, misery,

and death, he alone is to blame. As President (Brigham)

Young said on one occasion:

“If Brother Brigham should take a wrong track and be shut

out of the kingdom of heaven, no person will be to blame but

Brother Brigham. I am the only being in heaven, earth, or hell,

that can be blamed. This will equally apply to every Latter-day Saint.

Salvation is sent to me, I can reject or receive it. In receiving it, I

yield implicit obedience and submission to its great Author

throughout my life, and to those whom he shall appoint to instruct me;

in rejecting it, I follow the dictates of my own will in preference to

the will of my Creator.” (Discourses of B.Y. – Page 390)

“The true end of life is not mere existence, not pleasure, not

fame, not wealth. The true purpose of life is the

perfection of humanity through individual effort, under the guidance of God’s inspiration.”

(Teachings of the Presidents: David O. McKay )

(Pages 208 – 209)

No comments:

Post a Comment